Common Useful Telephone Numbers:
Bay County Builders Services: 850-248-8350
Bay County Health Department: 850-872-4455
Department of Environmental Protection (DEP): 850-245-2118 Fax: 850-245-2128
Department of Transportation (DOT): 850-414-4747
Department of Business & Professional Regulations (DBPR): 850-487-1395
Please feel free to contact our office with any further questions: 850-233-5054, ext. 2310 or 2304
Blower Door Test
Effective July 1, 2017 - The Fifth Edition of the Florida Building Code (FBC) requires blower door testing for all residential dwelling units. This would include single family houses, town houses, duplexes, and each condominium and apartment unit where the building is three stories or less. The Energy Code requires that the ACH (air changes per hour) be seven (7) or less. Mechanical ventilation is required if the blower door test has a result of less than three (3) ACH.
Florida Building Codes
- Please click here for the link to Florida Building Codes 2017, Sixth Edition online.
- Reinspection fees may be assessed when correction of code violations is required.
- Inspections should be called in one day before for next day inspections; messages can be left on building department voicemail up until 7:30 am day of inspections. Please have permit number, address of project and contact name and numbers available at time of scheduling of inspections.
Notice of Commencement
- When a project valuation exceeds an amount of $2500.00 one must file for a NOC. Please click here for information on the requirements for filing a NOC.
- Yes, per Florida Statutes 489.1037(7)(d); Owners of property when acting as their own contractor and providing direct, onsite supervision themselves of all work not performed by licensed contractors. When building or improving farm outbuildings or one-family or two-family residences on such property for the occupancy or use of such owners and not offered for sale or lease, or building or improving commercial buildings, at a cost not to exceed $75,000, on such property for the occupancy or use of such owners and not offered for sale or lease. In an action brought under this part, proof of the sale or lease, or offering for sale or lease, of any such structure by the owner-builder within 1 year after completion of same creates a presumption that the construction was undertaken for purposes of sale or lease.
- Permits are valid for 180 days (6 months) from each approved inspection.
- Please click here for the General Sign Standards and Permitting for a sign. If you should need additional information please contact or office or refer to the Land Development Code, Section 5.07.00.
Wind Speed and Wind Zones